What is a selfcheck prostate health test?
The selfcheck prostate health test is a home test kit to test PSA (prostate specific antigen) levels in the blood. These levels indicate the health of your prostate.
What's included in the selfcheck prostate test?
Each pack contains:
- One test device
- Test solution
How long does it take to get the results?
A visible result is achieved within 10 minutes
Why should I test for PSA levels?
Prostate specific antigen, or more commonly known as PSA, is a protein produced by the prostate and released into the blood stream in very small quantities. If there is a problem with the prostate, more PSA is released.
Prostate problems that cause elevated levels of PSA could be :-
- Prostatitis (inflammation of the prostate gland)
- Enlarged prostate
- Prostate cancer
Who should test for PSA?
It is strongly recommended in men aged 40 and over.
How often should PSA levels be checked?
Men over the age of 40 should have their PSA levels tested regularly to detect potential signs of prostate problems early. Healthy individuals would benefit from annual checks.
What should you do if your PSA level is outside of the norm?
In all cases you should consult your GP. Do not make any medical decisions without consulting your GP.
What are the features and benefits of selfcheck prostate health test?
- Each pack contains everything you need to complete a full test
- The test is able to detect heightened levels of PSA in the blood, giving opportunity for early detection of potential problems with the prostate
- Easy to use - only one drop of blood is required
- Test at home and see the results in 10 minutes! No need to send off for results
- All test components can be disposed of in household waste once used
- No need to alter food intake or fast before the test
- Reliable result that gives you an accurate indication of your PSA
Visisble results in only 10 mins!
lab tests we offer
STI test 2-in-1
Tests for Chlamydia and Gonorrhoea
MSM STI test kit
A full STI check for men having sex with men
MSM test kit