As we settle into another lockdown you may be wondering how you can spend your Friday nights now your favourite pubs and restaurants are shut.
One of the most fun replacements we can think of is to enjoy spending quality time with your partner in the bedroom. And while having an early night might be tempting if you’re overrun with kids, we’re talking about sex.
But what if sex is the cause of a great deal of anxiety? The great news is that if you’re struggling with erectile dysfunction, there are lots of things you can do to get your confidence (and your sex life) back on track.
More men are familiar with ED than they’re letting on
The first thing you need to know is that you’re not alone. Erectile dysfunction is something that affects more than half…yes half of men over the age of 40. (1)
So why are you not chatting about this at the bar with your mates?
Don’t worry, we know the answer already. It’s embarrassing, frustrating and it can be depressing. And because we know how you feel, we have developed a service that takes all of the embarrassment out of treating your erection problems (but more on that later).
Medications used to treat erectile dysfunction help by improving blood flow to your penis when you get sexually excited. This helps whether you are simply ‘a bit soft’ or you lose your erection part way through sexual playtime.
Common causes of erectile dysfunction
Erectile dysfunction is usually a symptom of another condition, which is why it’s important to see your G.P. as soon as you are able to.
The main culprits are:
- Physical problems which cause narrowing of the blood vessels going to the penis. This can be associated with high blood pressure, high cholesterol or diabetes. Physical injury and hormonal problems can also cause this.
- Psychological factors include stress, anxiety, depression and relationship problems.
- Side-effects of other medications including those for high blood pressure, prostate problems, high cholesterol, depression and anxiety. You can find out more about specific medications here.
- Lifestyle can also contribute to ED, so if you’re overweight, smoke, drink excessively or take recreational drugs, you are more likely to suffer from these symptoms.(2)
Buying Viagra online in the UK
Viagra is one of the more well known erectile dysfunction drugs but what you might not know is that Viagra is actually a brand name.
Sildenafil is the active component in Viagra, and since the patent (legal property of the formula and manufacturing rights) expired, you can now buy Sildenafil much more cheaply than you can buy Viagra.
Sildenafil (Viagra) starts to work after around 30-60 minutes and lasts roughly 4-6 hours (3).
It’s a good option if you know you're going to need it, and can take it early enough for it to work. Just be aware that Sildenafil (Viagra) works best on an empty stomach so you may want to factor that into date night planning (we recommend reading the next section about Tadalafil if you're going for a dinner date).
Contrary to what you see in comedy sketches on T.V., you should* only get an erection if you are sexually aroused, so it should be ok to take before bedtime.
Do you need a prescription to buy Sildenafil (Viagra)?
Whether you are buying in person from a pharmacy, or from a GPhC registered online pharmacy like Webmed Pharmacy, some of these tablets require a prescription.
Need a prescription
(we can write you one free of charge)
- Sildenafil (25mg, 50mg & 100mg tablets)
- Viagra (25mg & 100mg)
Can buy without a prescription
- Viagra Connect (50mg tablet)
When you order with us, you simply complete an online medical questionnaire so our doctor can assess whether the prescription is suitable for you. The doctor then issues a prescription electronically to our pharmacy where we dispense and deliver it directly to you in anonymous packaging using DPD next working day delivery (or local drop off point).
Buying Tadalafil (Cialis) online in the U.K
Tadalafil works in a similar way to Sildenafil as it increases blood flow to the penis.
Tadalafil is the name of the active component of Cialis, and like with Viagra, Cialis is the brand name and is usually more expensive to purchase.
There are some distinct advantages to using Tadalafil compared to some of the other erectile dysfunction medications out there (it’s certainly one of our favourites) because it does two things that we think are beneficial to many couples.
- It is still effective if taken with food, so your dinner date plans can go ahead as scheduled.
- The duration of action is up to 36 hours. So you can take this on Friday night, and get your flirt on all weekend without having to worry about taking a tablet ‘at the right time’. For this reason Tadalafil is sometimes referred to as ‘the weekend pill’ (4).
If you like the idea of being able to get an erection whenever you want, you may want to try Tadalafil Daily. This is a lower dose taken on a daily basis so you can be ready for action anytime and any place you choose.
Do you need a prescription to buy Tadalafil (Cialis)?
Whether you are buying in person from a pharmacy or from a GPhC registered online pharmacy like Webmed Pharmacy, all of these tablets require a prescription.
We can write you a prescription for free using our discreet online service.
When you order with us, you simply complete an online medical questionnaire so our doctor can assess whether the medication is suitable for you. The doctor then issues a prescription electronically to our pharmacy where we dispense and deliver it directly to you in anonymous packaging using DPD next working day delivery.
Need a prescription
(we can write you one free of charge)
- Tadalfil On Demand (10mg & 20mg tablets)
- Tadalafil Daily (2.5mg & 5mg tablets)
- Cialis On Demand (10mg & 20mg tablets)
- Cialis Daily (2.5mg, 5mg tablets)
How to buy quality erectile dysfunction tablets online in the U.K. (and avoid illegal and potentially dangerous vendors).
It’s illegal to buy prescription only medicine unless a doctor has written a prescription specifically for you. This may be your G.P. or one of our experienced doctors.
We understand that it can feel embarrassing to have to talk to someone about your experiences which is why we make the process as quick and painless as possible. No face to face consultation is needed, our doctor will assess your suitability from the online medical questionnaire, and if additional clarification is needed you will be asked via the messaging centre on the website.
If you are looking at other online vendors then make sure they are a registered and regulated pharmacy like we are. This means you can know that you are receiving genuine, effective medication which follows the stringent quality testing and safety procedures that medicines in the U.K. must undergo.
Fake medicines are often manufactured to look identical to the genuine article so it is essential you buy E.D. tablets from a trusted vendor. You can find our quality seals, Pharmacy registration information and Quality Care Commision rating on the bottom of every page.
Other articles you may find useful:
*Note: If you have an erection that lasts more than 4 hours then you must contact your doctor immediately.
- Hackett et al. British Society for Sexual Medicine Guidelines on the Management of Erectile Dysfunction in Men—2017 The Journal of Sexual Medicine Available at: http://www.bssm.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/2018/09/BSSM-ED-guidelines-2018-1.pdf [cited 20/11/20]
- Webmed Pharmacy. What Causes Erectile Dysfunction and what I can do about it [cited 20/11/20] Available at: https://webmedpharmacy.co.uk/blog/2016/09/what-causes-erectile-dysfunction-what-can-i-do-about-it
- Viagra Patient Information Leaflet [cited 20/11/20] Available at: https://www.medicines.org.uk/emc/files/pil.1072.pdf
- Tadalafil Patient Information leaflet [cited 20/11/20] Available at: https://www.medicines.org.uk/emc/files/pil.8637.pdf